192.168.l.l is the IP address of your Default gateway Admin panel. The default gateway admin panel is used to configure router settings. You need to have administrative access to the Default gateway Admin console to change settings. Username and password are required to access the same.
If you are searching for the term “192.168.l.l” then let us correct you, you are searching for the wrong term. 192.168.l.l is not the correct default IP of your address instead 192.168.1.1 is correct. Most of the people across the globe are nontechnical and hence they do not understand that IP address only contains a number. So if you type “http://192.168.l.l” in the browser then you will not get desired result. Also, it may happen that you are now aware of the default ip address of your router. Please go through link to find Default Gateway IP address.
Why you are searching for 192.168.l.l
If you are searching for 192.168.l.l this means you have a fair bit of idea that your router default IP address is 192.168.1.1 or it starts with 192.168 and google might have auto-suggested this IP and clicked on search button. As mentioned above 192.168.1.1 is correct IP address is the most default IP address for router worldwide. We can safely say that 40% of default gateway IP address is 192.168.1.1
Why you need to access 192.168.l.l
When any user gets an internet connection from its Internet service provider, ISP installs a router in-home/office and devices like computer, laptop, phones will connect to router using LAN cable or WiFi. But then how is the router connected to internet. For the router to connect to internet, some settings need to be done which are accessible from the default gateway IP which in turn in most cases is 192.168.1.1
Settings managed by 192.168.l.l
- IP Qos
How to Login to 192.168.l.l
By now, you might have understood the importance of 192.168.l.l, please follow below steps to connect to your default gateway.
- Switch on your router and connect to device on which you would like to access administrative panel of your modem.
- For devices like computers/laptops, we recommend using LAN/Ethernet cable.
- For devices like Smartphone/Table use WiFi network
- Open any browser preferably Google chrome and type “http://192.168.1.1”.
- If there is no issues, you will see login page of default gateway admin panel. In case page is not displayed, please read below for troubleshooting steps
- Enter admin username and password. Please note this password is not WiFi password. We will shortly write an article on how to retrieve default password for any model.
- Post successful authentication, you will be landed on home page of 192.168.l.l admin console.
- Settings mentioned above can be modified here.
Not Able to access 192.168.l.l
Above we have explained how to access 192.168.l.l, but in case you are getting error like “Page cannot be displayed”. Follow below steps to resolve same.
- Make sure connection is proper between router and device. You can try to re-establish the connection.
- Router is properly switched on.
- Change the browser. For example: If you are trying on google chrome, try on IE or Mozilla
- Disable antivirus for time being
- Check with your network administration, if there is any firewall attached.
- Make sure you are typing “http://192.168.1.1” instead of “http://192.168.l.l”.
- If you have checked above steps and 192.168.l.l Admin Login is not working, it means 192.168.1.1 is not your correct IP. Read below article to find default gateway.
192.168.0.1 IP conflict
The IP address is available as two parts: Public and Private. Private IP address is under control and you can change it from the networking device when you like to do. The router comes with the default IP address like 192.168.0.1 and normally you do not need to change this IP address. You will be forced to change the IP address if you face IP address confliction problem between the two or more networking devices. If you do not change the IP address, you cannot use the device properly.
Changing the IP address can avoid the IP address confliction problem between the networking devices. You cannot keep the same IP address in the devices if you want to solve the IP address confliction problem. For changing the IP address from the router, you need to login to the router first and that is why, you have to use the IP address of the router. If you have not changed the default IP address, then use the default IP address on the browser address bar for login. For your router, the default IP address may be 192.168.0.1. You also need to use username and password for login to the router.
Once you have logged in the router, you should find the place of the IP address where you can set the different IP address according to the IP address class. As the IP address 192.168.0.1 from the class C, you can set the IP address only from the class C. So, you can use any IP address from the range of the IP address class C. The range starts from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.l.l. Once you have change the IP address , now save the IP address. Make sure that the IP address is not similar to any other IP address of the networking devices.