Due to various reasons , our pc or laptop becomes very slow. This could be a problem with our computer’s processors or overload with various software or files. However, in today’s article, I will show you how to speed up laptop windows 10 step by step.
I will show you in 10 step.By Completing all the step your pc will move fast
So, let’s begin-
Clean up your computer’s disk
The first think slowing your device is for overloading the hard disk. There are many junk files are saved while running pc on the background.
To make fast working your pc or laptop the first thing you have to do clean up your drive.
There are many way to clean up your drive.
but the easiest way is by run command.
How to speed up laptop windows 10 by cleaning computer disk
- 👉Click windows+R together
- 👉Type cleanmgr
- 👉Press OK
In the Next step select a drive. You don’t have to cleanup all the drive one by one but you must clean up your c: drive.
Because, all the junk file are stored there.
- 👉Select (c:) dive
- 👉press Ok
The next step is click on OK
How to speed up laptop windows 10 by deleting something
While working for so many times continuous your pc or laptop,
Delete the temparature files
- 👉Same to the previous example open run command by pressing Windows+R together
- 👉type Temp and press Enter/ok
- 👉As the Temp file arrived select all file by pressing Ctrl+A
- 👉And click Del. button from your keyboard
And the next process is have to write %temp% on the run command and Delete all the %temp% file from your computer to speed up your computer or laptop.
Delete Prefetch files
Prefetch folder is a subfolder of the Windows system folder. If you delete prefetch file how computer will work faster but whenever you will go to open any app it will take some more time.
To delete prefetch file Same to the previous example you have to open the run command to delete all the prefetch files from your PC.
So to that follow the previous example and keep working changing just Temp word and type prefetch.
- 👉👉Open run command by pressing Windows+R together
- 👉👉type Prefetch and press Enter/ok button
- 👉👉As the Prefetch file arrived select all file by pressing Ctrl+A
- 👉👉And click Del. from your keyboard
Delete inf file
Same process you have to delete all the inf file by run command.
- ➡Same to the previous example open run command by pressing Windows+R together
- ➡type inf and press Enter/ok
- ➡As the inf file arrived select all file by pressing Ctrl+A
- ➡And click Del. from your keyboard
Delete recent file
When some file, picture,video is opened, it is stored in the recent file.Since there is no dunctionality in storing content in these files, you can delete them to fast your computer.
So to do that-
- ▶Same to the previous example open run command by pressing Windows+R together
- ▶type inf and press Enter/ok
- ▶As the inf file arrived select all file by pressing Ctrl+A
- ▶And click Del. from your keyboard
Run Tree from CMD
- Same to the previous example open run command by pressing Windows+R together
- type CMD and press Enter or Ok
- while open CMD type tree and Press Enter
- As you type tree and press enter you will see there is an algorithm that will run automatically and continuously until the end of the process.
- Wait to End
Empty Recycle Bin
When the file is deleted from the computer, it is stored in the recycle Bin. If you didn’t know about this, a lot of file could stored there.
So, it could be reduce working fast to the computer. So, you should remove the deleted file from the recycle bin.
So to do that
- Go to your desktop and find out Recycle Bin
- Right-click on that
- and Empty Recycle Bin
how to speed up laptop windows 10 by disabling startup software from task manager
Task manager control the background of your pc. There can be run some software or application in your computer. You can see and manage them from task manager.
Desabling startup software will prevent your pc or laptop from slow or hanging problem and make the computer very fast.
So, You have to disable startup software from task manager.
So, to do that I will right-click on the toolbar of my pc and click on task manager. Like that-
Open startup tab from task manager and disable all the unnecessary file from the task manager
Clean Viruses from your computer
Sometimes the virus may cause you to slow down the working of Your computer, pc, or laptop. We all know how dangerous the virus is.
Some viruses can be located in the hidden place of you computer and from staying there they can do great damage to your computer.
virus can damage your ram, processor and even motherboard. So in the case of virus, computer fall down working properly.
To reduce the attack of viruses you should use antivirus software. You can use Avira anti-virus software by downloading it from their website.
Restart Your computer
After doing all the things above you should restart your computer, pc or laptop. When you restart your computer its’ processor will run again in new.
All the things computer will understand and work properly.
Sometimes computer cannot understand what he will do fast. In the case of restarting computer it can understand and work properly.
So restarting the computer has a very good effect to make the computer faster.
Related: How to Reset task manager back to default in Windows 10
That is for now and thanks for reading.
3 thoughts on “how to speed up laptop windows 10-Awesome Tricks”